Facial cellulitis

Leave it to me to get the weird things! This is the second time in a mont that I have been "blessed" with this strange ailment! The last day of antibiotics (shot) last time was March 18th. I had started with Augmentin and that didn't work. They gave me a good shot of rochepin (a peanut butter shot) and that seemed to make a big difference quickly. I went back and got another, after the second I noticed remarkable improvement. I was SO excited! Then on Monday it started foming back. So it lasted two weeks. The next week we just did Rocephin shots. OUCH! I went round and round with the insurance company about an IV versus shots. The doctor recommended the IV because it would be less pain. I opted for the shot when I realized that the ER visit for 5 days would be about $400-500 a day. OUCH. So I got 5 rocephin shots that week. It was so much better by that Friday (18). YEAH!

Fast forward to this past week. I was having similar pain and wrote it off as a sinus infection and I had my first migraine too. Fun week. Saturday I noticed swelling. Sure sign it was back!!! I went to the Dr yesterday (thank you for urgent care!!). They gave me a shot of rocephin and an RX for an oral antibiotic. Oh and they went fishing for my eyes through my nose! Ouch! THey claimed it was a swab to test for MRSA. Not sure I believe that or not. I think it was a form of torture! So now I sit and wait for the culture to come back to find out if it is MRSA or not. They said by Wednesday they will know. I fit isn't improving by tomorrow (Monday) I get to go back in. Not that I'm surprised! I was expecting to be hospitalized, depending on the drug choice and the way they administer it (every 3hrs or every 24) OR sent tot he ER for a pic line so I could go in there for IV treatments.

Currently, I look like this....
 

 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Pam said…
Oh Shelley! I'm so sorry!!!!!
Tami said…
Shelley, I am so sorry. I wish I could come over and bring you dinner and take your kids. Instead, I am sending you a hug! Take care my friend!
Marilee said…
Hey lady! How's life been other than being a little sick? It's been a while since we've pow-wowed. Hope you get feeling better fast.
So sorry Shelley, that is no fun at all. I hope they can get it all taken care of this time. Those rocephin shots are horrible.
Anonymous said…
Hi Shelley, hope you are well. My mum has just developed this but is doing well in hospital on IV antibiotics. Her consultant mentioned "superbugs" as a cause so MRSA could be in there! We hope to have her back at home next week. I pray that your condition will improve soon and you don't get any more "weird" things. Take care and best wishes to your gorgeous family from Ireland.
Clare xx (soul sister and recovering Lyme patient)
Anonymous said…
Shelley, I just came across your blog about your nose cellulitus - did you ever get it cleared up or find out how you got it? Your photos look like mine. I was a little scared. Thank you. Lisa (Florida)
Anonymous said…
Hi Shelley, I hope you are feeling better!! My nose looks just as yours does in this photo. I honestly can't believe how painful it is. THROB, THROB, THROB!!! If I had been hit, I could understand but this started out of the blue. I'm so thankful I came across your blog! God Bless you for posting - I will now go to the doc and don't have to feel insane!

T.
I hope they get your's cleared up fast. The rosephin shots cleared it up. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Anonymous said…
Can anyone tell me if y'all was still able to breathe through your nose but still have that pain everywhere i look says the pain is do to sinus infection but i dont think its that cause i can breathe through my nose ok it just hurts like hell

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil