Last Hurrah! San Diego, California

Since I have been so sick over the summer the kids have not really had much fun. Seeing how I do well on the meds we decided to make a last chance trip to Sea World. I am happy to say, I didn't need my meds until Saturday on our way home. I forgot to take the unisom on Friday night. OOPS! I am getting back to normal!!!!

I learned a few things on our trip...............

1) a dvd player is a life saver! The last minute purchase made the 14hr trip enjoyable for everyone.

2) having a plan on when the kids could drink and eat snacks made life easier!

3) A/C is a must traveling through the desert (I'm thankful mine worked!!!)

4) I don't like Vegas (too crowded and too much construction going on)

5) Hotel Circle in San Diego lacks gas stations

6) There are too many interstates in San Diego!

7) I will forever be a small town girl! Yes, I know I wasn' a small town girl growing up. Maui forever ruined me. Which I am thankful for!

8) Kids love sea world (big and small)

9) Sea lions have finger like thingies next to their noses...that's how they hold balls.

10) Soak Zone means that you get SOAKED

11) A three year old boy makes a decent shield for the soak zone. Hey, he wanted to sit on my lap!

12) Havenly Father has created an incredible world for us! Amazing creatures!

13) Seaweed is gross! Too much on the beach we went too.

14) Kids don't like salt water, but LOVE sand! you should have seen them spitting it all out.

15) Hotels that have connecting rooms ROCK! Life is easier when you can walk next door in privacy, not walk outside to the next room. One night was connecting, two were not.

16) VERIFY your hotel resservations! No matter how long you talk to the gal about how you have 7 people and want connecting rooms, she may only book you for ONE! Then be FULL on the night of arrival! ARGH!

17) The "thank you's" you hear are priceless.

18) Seeing the Santaquin exit sign is like heaven after a quick packed trip.

19) The money spent was worth the memories!















Comments

Looks like a great time. We went there last summer in San Antonio, but San Diego looks a lot cooler plus you have the beach.
Sister Snoopy said…
Where's the Like button!
Tami said…
What a great trip! I love Sea World, but have only been in San Antonio. Glad you were able to go on a fun trip.
The Crook Book said…
FUN FUN FUN!! I haven't been there since I was little. I need to take the kids. Memories are priceless!!
Martha Johnson said…
Lovely trip..
Book online bus ticket from Redbus

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil