I think it is over!

A week ago, Dejah and Katie started with flu like symptoms. NO!!!!!!!! By morning they both were lethargic and exhausted! Of course I was worried with all the hype of N1H1 and pregnancy. I knew my kids who are usually healthy would be fine. They got blessings and I took them in to be tested, not knowing they would NOT test them. Had I known that I would have avoided the waiting room entirely and treated them at home as if they did have N1H1. The doc said he was 99% sure it was swine flu. By Friday, Bryan had the chills and a headache. He started vomitting and fevering in the evening and was lethargic the next 2 days. Lindsey quickly followed the lead and was sick. Luckily she was mild! Journey was probbaly the luckiest of all! She only got a low grade fever (99-101.5) and that was it. She did not have the lethargy the first three had and no added cough! She even enjoyed her 6th birthday!!!

Dejah's fever was the only one that returned for an added day. Today marks a week and the fevers have totally broken and if the fever doesn't return they will each get to go to school in the morning! They are thrilled! So am I.

The symptoms that the kid had were

chills, aches, fever, sore throat, headache, dizziness, lethargy, cough, congestion.

The cough is the only continuing symptom. The doctors say the cough can last THREE weeks. I think that is a hard one for me since when I hear them cough I automatically turn away and cover my own mouth and nose. They have been doing a great job covering, but it is hard to catch them all.

I was going to keep them home for 10days, but the doctor said they could return to regular activities after 24hrs of being fever free. The CDC website once said it could be contagious for up to 10 days. Apparently they have changed their minds. I hope they are right. I have done what I could by keeping them home (all of them) until the last one was fever free. Three could have returned to school on Monday only to have Dejah's fever return. I'm glad I made that choice.

Now to get everyone caught up on stuff from school.

Comments

Marilee said…
I'm so sorry about all the sick! I'm glad everybody is "up-and-at-it" again!
Heather said…
Wow. And to think, our vacation got canceled because of a "10 day incubation period." I don't buy into all the hype.

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil