hmmmm, I'm learning!

Sometime last year I realized I was spelling "yesterday" wrong. Some reason I was spelling yesturday instead. Well, a little bit ago I realize I was spelling YAY, wrong. I decided to look up Yeah and found it is another way to say "yes". So, I guess it was MY way of saying "YES, alright!" I know there are others that I often misspell often it is more my fingers getting ahead of my brain. I am thankful when I use firefox because it lets me know when I miss a word. Which of course I'm not currently using. :) Hopefully when you see me somewhere online I will remember to spell Yeah right as "yay"! :) If I misspell it I AM saying "YES! Alright".

I did find a funny site with some misspelled signs. I guess I can be thankful I'm not in public like them. :) http://pages.prodigy.net/pizzabagel/MisspelledSigns.htm

THEN, I found this...bet you have seen it before.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?


The above is my most common mistake. Scrambling letters in words. Looks right to me until I hit enter. :) Then OF COURSE I checked spelling and YAY was misspelled...so now what do I do? Darn Google!

Comments

Marilee said…
Shelly,

Yeah is for yes, I agree. But YAY is an expression of excitement! Like WAHOO! The funny thing about that misspelled paragraph is that you have to learn it the correct way first, then your brain takes over and corrects it even if it is spelled wrong. (my own little philosophy). I miss ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil