Milestones

Lately, I have been feeling down on myself. I've gained 10lbs since moving but I LOVE junk food so I haven't been really motivated to do anything.

After talking to a friend I decided to start running again. I asked Scott for new shoes for my birthday so I could get started with some new shoes, not run down ole things that I have had for a few years. I went into Runners Corner in Orem and they told me about some "new" shoes. When he said there are fewer injuries and easier on the knees, shins and ankles I REALLY wanted to like them. He called them ZERO DROP He had me wear a normal Asics like my old one and one of the Alta Instint. I immediately noticed the difference. I was SOLD!

After my first jump on the treadmill I had NO pain! In the past the first set of intervals had KILLED! This time, none! No knee pain, no shin pain, nothing! I wasn't even sore the next day! GASP! What was I doing wrong? No pain no gain, right? WRONG! Today, I turned 37 and ran my first mile in years. No intervals but actually moving without stopping to walk. WOHOOOO!

Two milestones, turned THIRTY SEVEN and ran a mile! WOHOOO!

Here are my clown shoes, Altra Intuition (stock photos)





I LOVE my shoes!!! :) NOW, if I could quit eating junk.

BTW, I started this post ON my birthday, but didn't finish it. Sorry that the pictures are so big. Some reason they aren't being resized.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil