Blessings from Following the Prophet

Yesterday our lesson in Relief Society was from the June Ensign First Presidency message. ( http://tiny.cc/5cNpP ) I LOVE President Eyring. His words of counsel are so profound. July's message is similar ( http://tiny.cc/mYNvw ).

Someone in RS mentioned yesterday how in the past conferences Pres. Hinckely had been telling us to get out of debt and now the prices of everything are going up. This is not news to me, he told us in 1998 about 7yrs of plenty and 7yrs of famine. BUT it was kind of a....DO YOU THINK these two messages are preparing us for something?

Then I think about what is going on in California. The fires started right around the time the same sex marriages started. The First Presidency issued a letter to be read encouraging people to stand up AGAINST the ruling and vote against it in November. Some gay members are saying it is the "last straw" and they are leaving the church. UGH? The doctrine has NEVER changed, same sex relationships have ALWAYS been wrong. The same guy (this is from a Utah online newspaper) asked his family to stand up and WALK OUT when it was read in their sacrament meeting!

To me, the articles in the Ensign are timely and that the Leaders KNOW more than we know. They are truly the spokesmen for our Heavenly Father. Our dear Prophet, President Monson, is a man of God and does what he is asked of my our Father.

I watched a video clip the other day http://tiny.cc/gatLr This is Bishop McMullin speaking to the Priesthood in April 2007. It is a SHORT clip....listen for the promises. He says to save if only COINS, they will add up. Start with a short term supply, then move to longer. The blessings to the faithful....the barrel of meal will not empty and the cruise of oil will not empty either. To me, ALL of the things we are asked to do have blessings attached to them. Do them and you will gain the blessings. Follow the prophet....what kind of blessings do we want?

I am a HORRIBLE visiting teacher. HORRIBLE!!!!! I have not gained a testimony of it, I just haven't put it to the test. SO, I am going to working on that part...finding the blessings that are in store. MY visiting teacher is moving today and she said yesterday that she had never been a good visiting teacher, until she moved into our ward (2yrs ago). She said her best friends were found in those she visit teach. What a blessing!

So with all my rambling, I guess, I'm talking about blessings. We are blessed for having a living prophet and having the gospel restored. I feel Blessed! I AM blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil