The heat is on...

For the past little while I have been hosting emergency preparedness classes. I did a few in May then started up again in late June. We have done wheat, cheese (which no one showed for), laundry detergent and hand sanitizer, alcohol stoves and apple box ovens. We have been having fun.

The class is mainly a "learn with me". Most of the things we are doing are things I am interested in learning. Some I have been doing for a while, like the laundry soap and the cheese. But in general it is a way for a group of us to get together and learn together. I ama visual learner and need to SEE things done. I have had the desire and felt a need to help others where I could. This seems to be the place for me. I ahve really enjoyed it. Well, except my lack of sleep on Tuesday nights.

Last night after helping my mom move, I listened to a message. It was from a lady in a different ward who had heard about Scott and I from a friend and wants to announce our "classes" in her ward. I don't know the lady and I don't knwo anyone in her ward or the other ward she mentioned. So, the heat is on. There is more interest and that is precisely what I wanted. I was hoping to boost other people's interest and awareness in emergency preparedness. I am so very excited but all so terrified. This is NOT a calling and I don' thave the mantle that comes with the calling. It will take more faith to know what I am supposed to do.

I have not called her back yet, I am sitting on it for a bit to get my bearings. Trying to figure out how many people I can handle at my house weekly. A few weeks ago I decided to do the classes in the morning AND at night, so it is a bit strenuous. We shall see how things go. I'm nervous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil