Basement

Saturday was a crazy day. The girls wanted to sell Otter Pops but DH and I needed to be working in the basement, so I said "no".

Sometimes I wonder if the basement will EVER get done. We moved in in September 2005 and we have all four girls in one bedroom in two bunks and three dressers. It is a constant mess and hard to walk into. Bryan has now been moved to the office and is woken from his naps constantly. I'm ready for the basement to be done!!!

Dh and I worked on putting sheetrock up in the storage room. We are borrowing FIL's screwgun. Those are the best invention, atleast this week and the next and next. In less than four hours we got up almost all the walls. We have one wall with the bottom half needing to be done. I'm so excited! We have come to name the tools...the screwgun is "the beast". The Electric screwdriver had a name too, though I can't remember it. LOL, must have had a great name.

I'm sure many of you have not had the opportunity to work side by side your husband in a construction project. I would seriously recommend it! Last Wednesday we put up insulation int he storage room. He had this job in college and knows what to do. I however had said "I ain't doing THAT!". I had heard so many of his stories that I had no desire to help. He asked very nicely and I knew if I helped it owuld go faster. ANd it did! What is that saying about more hands make light work? I tell you, I sure do appreciate his willingness to do this and his desire to have me help him.

I can say I can do insulation, cut sheetrock, put up sheetrock and have a good additude about it too. It is kinda and uplifting feelign to know you can do these things. It is also funny to hear "you did what?" from my friends. I guess it is an odd thing...I have a friend who did all the work in her laundryroom....she put in cabinets, toilet, sink and tile by herself. My reaction wa s the same as my other friends who are surprised.

So if I can encourage you to do anything....it would be to stretch yourself. You'll find it feels good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil