Experimentation


One thing that my hubby loves is that I try new recipes. Well, he likes that I try new things. Not that he likes the things I try. HA HA! We'll see what he thinks of my newest experiment! Mock Apple pie made with Zucchini NOT apples. Am I going to tell him? Not a chance until AFTER he eats it. Not telling my children either!

This is the recipe I used. I did tweak it a bit and added about 1/4 cup of apple juice. I chose this one because of the size of zucchini it recommended...Extra large.

MOCK APPLE PIE (ZUCCHINI PIE)
Printed from COOKS.COM

6 C. Zucchini (NOTE: extra large zucchini are preferred, they're firmer)
1 1/4 C. Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of salt and nutmeg
Dough for double pie crust

Pare zucchini, wash and slice lengthwise. Remove seeds. Slice like apples. Add a little water and bring to a boil in a large saucepan. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender. Cool and drain well. Add rest of ingredients and place into an unbaked 9 inch pie crust. Cover with top pie crust and flute to seal edges. Cut slits into top of crust for steam to escape. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes
My children are begging to know WHAT kind of pie it is. I told them Apple. Is that a lie? Should I have said Mock Apple Pie? I can just hear the questions? What does "Mock" mean?
I will have to post what happens after dinner tonight. He might ask me to NOT experiment any more.

Comments

Kate said…
that looks like it'll be good Shelley . . . can't wait to hear what the verdict is!
oh . . . and you should have said it's "like apple pie"! LOL
Mimo- JenK said…
It looks delicious! Let us know if they could tell :)

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil