Strange feeling

Here I sit in an empty house. I can hear my neighbors kids playing outside and think they are mine. My family went to help my BIL move. I am waiting on a ride to go to the General Women's Broadcast in SLC. My sweet hubby took aall th kids with him. I ahve NO clue hat he plans on accomplishing with a 10mo old baby with him. But I am ejoying the calm that is in my house.

It does however feel empty in another way. Not just physically empty. It is as if part of me is gone too. I know I should be savoring the moments I get of this peace and quiet. They don't come often enough...BUT not having someone need me every five seconds is a bizarre feeling. I'm not sure it suits me. I love my children and it is strange to have them all gone. What will I be like as an empty nester? Luckily that comes in time not all at once.

My husband is a wonderful man. I'm greatful he is allowing me this time to just sit and ponder. This quiet time reminds me what I am thankful for. I don't always think of them that way. When I do get these smaller periods of time I think of all the things I "SHOULD" be doing. But today I am not even thinking of them. The dishes can wait. I am jsut me and calm for a few more minutes. When my friend gets here I will lose that calm and become my out going self again.

I think I need to discover these times more and hve it "suit" me. I like the feel of "nothing" nagging on me. Just me and my thoughts. There aren't many there. AHHHH it's nice.

But I do miss my children.

Comments

Kate said…
It is a strange feeling . . . hope you can find peaceful moments like that more often! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil