The Verdict is in, please rise


Okay, okay, you can sit down. I've watched too many Law and Orders. I tried to type this up before and blogger ate it. So this is a bit late.

I should have taken Kate's advice and told them "it's like Apple pie" not "apple pie". I felt as if Iw as lieing to my children. I can't use the phrase "Have I ever lied to you?". I can see it now..."yes, matter of fact mom you have." I can see it as one of those "lies" you tell your children...no labor doesn't hurt "too" bad. You were worth the pain. Okay, just teasing! ANd YES, they WERE worth the pain, so far. ;)

Before I even got to taste my piece Lindsey asked for seconds. I said "do you want to know what kind of pie it REALLY is?". Look of confusion. It is NOT apples it is zucchinin. More confusion. "ya, I'm sure" and her plate was shoved in my face. Dejah followed suit and was VERY demading that she wanted more. DH was a bit turned off my the not so juicy pie. He is used to apple pie pouring savory appley juice. It was a bit dry for his liking. He only ate 3/4 his piece, granted it was twice the size of mine. My younger two girls, well they were oppostie of the older two. One ate only the crust (my favorite part of pie) and the other ate a few bites and was done. Bryan, my wee little guy couldn't get enough. He is a garbage dispossal though.
As for me, I could eat more of it. I prefer REAL apple pie. I think and so does DH, this was an EXCELLENT way to use those enormous zucchinis. Over all I would give it a thumbs up.
Oh, can't forget that Dejah ate ther est of the pie after school the next day. That is after eating it for breakfast TOO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil