Expecting the unexpected

When you decide you are finished having kids there is a roller coaster of emotions. You often wonder, am I REALLY done? And there is the occassional baby lust when you see the perfect baby and you want to hold it. Then you wake up and are happy you are past that phase. You see pregnant women and think they look so cute and are saying prayer of thanksgiving that you will never look like that again. I do have to say, I'm not really a cute pregnant woman, I'm a whale.

I found myself earlier this month thinking about "If I ever did it again, I think I would want to go with a midwife". WHat was I thinking that for? I wasn't ever going to do it again. All my births went fine, I survived and so did the babies. Lindsey I guess was a toss up there...she could have gone either way at a few points. I guess that is to be expected when the OB thinks she is 7lbs and she is really 9lbs. She was so unexpected, she was a Tongan looking baby.

I am wanting to take a Family Herbalist Class and have found myself interested in the herbs in my yard. I have Catnip and have found it is almost a miracle herb for me anyway. I looked online and read all about it. At the bottom it says "Induces menstration. Do not use with menstural disorders or during pregnancy". My first thought was "I'm a day late, so sounds great". A small voice whispered "be sure before you take it". HUH?????? I'm irregular enough I hoped I wasn't really pregnant.

A trip to the Dollar Tree to buy a cheap test. After TWO lines appeared, I freaked! I went across the street to talk to my friend who thought I wasn't done. I showed her the test and asked what it meant. She was so excited but quickly realized I was freaking out. I was NOT expecting this. I guess I really hoped I was done.

So over the past few days I have had time to think and freak out more. I was on the road to getting thin. I was on the road to being DONE with diapers. Bryan was going to be the only one home during the day next year. Scott and I were planning a great vacation for the two of us, Brazil, Maui or somewhere else. It was going to be GREAT! I was not expecting to be throwing up all summer.

So I am now expecting the unexpected. Welcome to our family little one. I still can't believe it though. I keep pinching myself and looking at the dard tests...they are right, right? Still no period, I guess I AM PREGNANT! Now, if I can kick this cough and avoid the fever (flu?) two of my kids have/had.

Unexpected gifts are awesome, just unexpected and shocking. We will need bigger things...table for one. ;)

Comments

Robin said…
Shelley OH MY GOSH! Yay! I knew you weren't done, you could tell by the way you so weren't sure. How exciting! I wonder if you'll get another little boy?! I am SO excited for you! Congratulations! Let me know if you need anything!
So excited for you. What a fun surprise! Hope you don't feel sick all summer.
Tami said…
Wow! As hard as it is to expect at the beginning, you know this baby is a gift from Heavenly Father. THis baby couldn't come to a better family! I am so happy for you. Maybe you can send some of your luck my way. Hee hee. Drew is done, so I must be also, right? I wish I could be there and take care of your kids and hold that new baby when he or she comes.
Anonymous said…
Congrats Shelley!! I am very happy for you. You are a good mother and you have a good family. The baby will be a blessing to your family and you wil, in turn, be a blessing to it. Surprises are good!! ]

Corrie

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil