things you never think to ask...

Tonight Scott took me to dinner at Saruku (sp?) for Sushi and Japanese barbeque. We shared the grill area with a set of sisters. After dinner was made the one asked us if we were from around here. We said we lived in Santaquin. She looked at Scott and asked if he ever lived in Orem. Nope...how about Provo. Well having been at the Y for 6yrs yes he HAD lived in Provo. She swore up and down she knew him from somewhere.

After a good ten minutes and her gathering Scott was not the person she thought he was she explained what she thought she had remembered him from. About 20yrs ago she was taking care of a apartment complex in Orem. She told us about a young couple who came in and put down a deposit down on a place. They got married and then asked for the deposit back. They were moving out. They were getting an annullment after only about 2wks of marriage. She said Scott looked identical to this guy. She had even leaned to her sister and said, "I rented an apartment to him years ago" and told her the circumstance. She even said "See he's still not married", I didn't have my wedding ring on.

When we were headed home I laughed and said, "I don't think I ever asked if you were married before". He laughed being a good sport and said "Go ahead and ask, you KNOW you want to". I was laughing because I knew then as I know now he had never been married. Even though he was 27, he could have been married and had a kid or two. You never think to ask, "have you been married and anulled your marriage?".

It also makes me think what could have happened in those first few weeks to make a person want OUT like that? Maybe there were some questions not asked before? I do hope they found the right person and remarried. I'm just glad Scott wasn't that person. That could have been very awkard, running into that lady. "I know you, you were that guy who asked for his deposit back after two weeks, or was it 10 days? how did things turn out? I see your still not married...." I guess I need to wear my wedding ring more often.

Comments

Tami said…
That is too funny. I think the icing on the cake was that you didn't have your ring on. At least you are not pregnant. Now that would have added another whole dimension to their "private" conversation. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil