First OB check of many to come

I had my first Ob check today. According to my dates I was 9w7d (tomorrow would be 10wk). I was bummed when they decided to stick to a 28d cycle. Oh well. I guess it is better to expect later and go earlier??? When I got there they had me at 9w3d, so I was happy when I left with them saying 9w5d...a few day difference. I know I'm picky. LOL!

All went well, my blood work looks good, a bit on the anemic side, but everything else great. So that is fabulous! He said he wasn't surprised to see me. Funny man! We talked about the crohn's and he researched the meds I'm on and thinks they are great. Much better than my history of meds, so he is pleased. So am I!

We did an ultrasound to confirm dates, that is where I was excited. It came closer to my dates, so I was pleased, more of a "meet in the middle". I saw the heartbeat and saw him/her wiggle all over. A mover and a shaker already. It made it all so real.

There is only one, which is a tremendous relief to me. I have been told the surprise baby is a real joy. That the age gap (4yrs 3mo) will give me an opportunity to enjoy him/her. I was worried that if there were TWO, that would go out the window. LOL! I think twins are for the first time mom, you have no clue what to expect anyway. :)

Comments

How exciting!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil