Left Brain

I listened to a VERY funny audio the other day, you can hear it at . It is entitled "Left Brain's grocery list", it about 7 1/2 minutes long. I thought it was well worth the laugh.

Yesterday, I asked Lindsey to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer. I was away from home and asked her to go down to the dryer so I could tell her which setting to put it on (I had it on a strange setting from the last load). I tried to explain to her where to look, the left dial and asked her to read them to me. I told her which one to put it on. Well I said the "more dry", she said "there is nothing that says that". We had already determined where on the dial it was. She said it said "VERY" Dry. Okay, that is it. Later I began thinking about her personality and this audio. I can so see her doing that, taking everything so literal. I guess, I need to be more specific in the future. It is a good thing she can't drive yet. ;) She is a fun kid! I can't believe she is almost 12!

Comments

Tami said…
I have some very literal children. I took a neighbor who is 14 driving Tuesday and let me tell you, that was an experience. There was no one else on the road and I switched lanes without using my turn signal. You would have thought I ran a red light. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil