They don't get my looks but....

they get my eyes!

Today I took Lindsey and Dejah to the eye doctor. Lindsey approached me a few days ago and said it was hard for her to see the white board at school. She made it very light and was acting as if it was no big deal. I WANTED to ignore it. I started wearing glasses in kindergarten. I guess the fact she is almost 11 should make me feel good, right?

Today, she was really excited that she could see. You know the big thing they put in front of you to test your vision? She was like "COOL I can see!". Poor thing! She got to pick out some cute blue frames. She is actually excited about them. I hope she thrives on being able to see and doesn't get hung up on the fact she "has to wear glasses".

Dejah will be needing glasses soon too. She has astigmatism too (like Lindsey and I). She is only at about 20/25-30 or so. The doc said he doesn't recommend glasses unless you are at 20/40 or higher. So she is spared the glasses for another year or so.

I had Lasik done about 6yrs ago and we have not had glasses in our house for that long. None of the kids remember them or how I was so protective over them. We will be entering a new phase in our house again. I have an appointment for my eyes too. The doc did let me sit in the chair and read a line or two. He said I will probably fail my vision test when I go renew my drivers license. NICE!!!!!!!!! He was surprised that it is my distance vision and not my close vision. I am getting old you know. I should be needing reading glasses soon...given my history and all. I DID get a 6yr break from 24yrs of glasses/contacts. That was so wonderful, I tell ya. I hope I can push it out further. One can dream right?

Comments

Marla said…
I remember trying to fake that I needed glasses. It never worked.
Robin said…
That is awesome. Zac has LASIK too and totally loves it.

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil