gaining inches

So, I have come to a depressing realization. I am gaining inches! I have been working out for 3wks now. Hard workouts! Lots of core work and lunges and squats. Mass ab work and I'm GAINING inches! I don't get it. I have however noticed my biceps are more defined and my quads are harder. Could this be the cause of inches? I mean, maybe the gain before the loss? My body fat percentage has dropped 2%, but I have gained weight and inches. It is rather depressing in a way.

The good news is I am seeing a difference in my muscles. I have said in the past that I just wanted to be tone and fit. Maybe I'm getting my wish. I know, I know three weeks is not that much time. I'm working out 4-5 times a week and it feels AWESOME! I just hope I start to lose soon.

Comments

Tami said…
I am sure you will start losing more soon. Muscle burns fat. Congrats on all the hard work! It will pay off. I have just finally decided to only weight myself once a month. More than that, and I get discouraged. Can't wait to see pictures of those buff arms! :-)
The Lindsays said…
It's so frustrating, isn't it?! But, I was telling McKay the other day...I weigh more than I did at my lowest last year, but my clothes are falling off of me. I feel fatter, but technically I'm thinner?! Go figure! I'm sure you're in a similar predicament. Muscle is bulkier!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil