PURE INSANITY!!!!!!!!

Look what pulled up in front of my house yesterday!
 


The back part is what was "mine". That was just SHY of NINE THOUSAND POUNDS of wheat!
 


I wish I had gotten a picture of it in my driveway to get a better idea of the enormity ot this. I have been stressed over this for over a month. I collected over $2000 dollars and sent it off to a guy I know in Centerville the end of March. I had some people make comments like "How well do you know this guy?" and "This is a lot of money ($120) I don't like handing it over to someone I don't know."

Delivery of the wheat was tricky. I had thought "My trailor can haul 7500lbs, it can handle 6000". Scott set me straight, the max weight minus the trailor's weight really is 6000lbs which made Scott FREAK out over. All in all it turned out fine, since the oder grew by another ton. I recieved payment for 2000 more pounds the day after I sent off the first 6000. SIGH!!! The stress began to rise. How do I get 8000lbs? Two trips.

When it finally came to the delivery date, it ended up being delivered in SLC at 10:30PM! It happened to be the night of Scott's preparedness class. There was NO way I was going to pull the trailor in the DARK and RAIN. I just couldn't do it. I had a friend willing to help (thanks Steve), but we needed TWO drivers. Luckily Kent (the guy in charge), figured out something for me. We had our own semi going to bring it down! The only down fall was I was dealing with THEIR schedule. I had four dates with them. FINALLY they came yesterday!

I had an additonal 20bags for someone else...just in case you were doing the math and it wasn't working....6000 Plus 2000 equals 8000, huh. Add another 20 bags...it makes a 9000. I do think we were off by ONE bag. :)

I am SO Excited and Thankful that 9000lbs of wheat is in the hands of members of the church. Wheat is very versitle! I am happy the turn out was so strong. YEAH!! However, I don't think I will do a group order of this weight again

Comments

Wow, way to go Shelley! Have fun making stuff with your wheat.
Tami said…
That's a lot of wheat! I love the pictures you took. You are awesome to get so much wheat ordered for your ward!
Marilee said…
Yay for wheat! When are you going to Brazil?
Marilee said…
Oh, by the way, I have your Lucky 5 gift. Did I give it to you yet? Come see me at work on Tuesday afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil