Brazil

Just over three weeks ago, I recieved a phone call as I was getting out of the car to pick up pizza. It was a interesting conversation....

Scott: Uh, Hon, they want me to go to Brazil.

Me: REALLY!!!??? WOW!

Scott: ya, the catch is it is for TWO WEEKS.

Me: I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott: you don't even have a passport.

Scott served his mission in Sao Paulo South and came home 21yrs ago! He has forgotten a lot of his Portuguese. His company wants him to go set up a firm down there with their products. Scott is a no brainer chioce...been there done that type thing.

I have asked him many times he wanted to go back. He was never very excited about it. When the phone call came and his voice was exuberant, I KNEW he HAD to go. Two weeks alone with the kids or not, he NEEDED to go. I thought I would solve the no passport issue fast and said "you can be there for work, then I'll meet up with you!". Sounded perfect! It would take me two weeks minimum to get my passport (I decided against goint to San Francisco to get one over night) and he would be gone two weeks.

W eboth thought it would happen fast. Well, we still don't have his VISA in the works. I spoke with one of the Sales guys from Scott's company today and he thinks realistically it will be more MID April. So MID APRIL it is, which means begining of May I get to go to another country! I have only been to Canada and Mexico..so this is a TRIP! Pun intended. ;)

I am so excited! Now, I need to find some good things to do down in Brazil. Lots of questions..... And ONE Statement..."DON'T ROB ME!!!"

Comments

The Lindsays said…
YAY! You get to go! I'm so glad it's working out, what an awesome experience!
That should be fun. You should talk to my brother Rodd or to Kiki. Rodd served down there and Kiki went a few years ago while my parents were serving. You will have a fun time.
Marilee said…
My brother just got back from visiting his wife in Brazil (long story). I'm so excited for you!!!!! So, is your passport photo gorgeous? I have a couple of things you should bring back from Brazil for me (and you would love it too)--Pomada De Arnica. It's like Neosporin, brazilian style. It works like none other!! My Aunt used to bring from Brazil for us, but that connection is no longer. Brazil!?! How exciting!!
Tami said…
How exciting! That will be so much fun for you! I went with Drew to California where he served his mission and it was so meaningful for me. Have a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)