Gardens!

I married the best guy! I asked Scott's plans for the day yesterday and they included getting stuff for the garden. Little did I knwo it included plans to clear amd till the garden plot at my mom's. It was a great day.

Someone a church had asked us to help a lady down the street from him with her garden. So Scott droppe doff stuff at her house (steer manure and peat moss) and came home and got us. We went and helped weed and spread the additives. The gal who lived there is not a member and said we were an unusual family. She is well aquainted with the LDS faith, but she said were were different. HMMMM! I wasn't sure how to take that. I think she was surprised that the whole family came and pitched in. We talked the whole time. She is really a neat lady and quickly bonded with our family.

Next we went to my mom's. I was surprised when I asked Scott if my mom knew what he was doing. He said "nope, should we call her?". Oh even more fun! The garden plot had been the place where her land lord had kept goats. Cleaning it up was a chore, but talk about organic matter! We tilled an area that is about half the size of our garden. She will not be able to use it all, which is great. Maybe someone else can help her garden the plot.

After working the other two, we came home to do our own. Scott finished up in the dark. I am worried that the wind from the canyon blew a lot of good dirt away last night. We are getting ready for another nasty week of cold and snow. Ready to pack the good dirt down. OOPS! It was a good day! A great day! My hand is even better this morning! YEAH!

Comments

Heather said…
Sounds fun. I pulled some annual weeds out of our garden on Saturday. It felt soooooo good!
Marilee said…
I'd say you have done some good in the world today!! Way to go! Sounds like you're service bug is contagious!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil