I LOVE to make soap!

I am a creative person by nature. I don't have the cleaning gene, but if there is something to make, I'm there. I went to a soap making class a few weeks ago. Since then I want to make soap! Even yesterday after having two "classes" on soap making I wanted to make soap after everyone left.

It is amazing to me tha tyou start with somethng so dangerous and caustic and when you are finished you have something that smells good (if you amke the smelly kind) and something mild. The chemical reaction between the lye and oils is amazing. I wonder if I had some role in the creation of anything before. Should I have taken chemistry? Maybe Saponification would be clear to me. It's not, but I find it simply amazing.

Yesterday we made Pumkin Spice and Orange Rosehip spice soap. My house smells yuumy right now! :) Then when everyone left, I wanted to make Oatmeal Honey vanilla soap. I didn't...BUT I want to!

My goal today is finsih the apples my ILs brought down from Idaho (on Monday), can the jalepenos we recieved from a friend AND make grape juice. I think I'm biting of more than I can chew. I'd rather make soap. Oh not to mention laundry...I'd rather can all that stuff and more. Skip the laundry.

I wanna make more soap! I don't like to clean, but I like to be clean! I should quit writing about what I plan to do and DO it.

Comments

Marilee said…
how do you can hot peppers??? We have so many and my husband is having a hard time giving them up. Call me!
The Crook Book said…
I would love the pumpkin spice soap. I am sorry I couldn't make it. I love good smelly stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil