Long weekend

Really the weekend isn't any longer than another. Really! School was out this past Thursday and Friday, I decided to load up the kids and head to my ILs house for the weekend. We hadn't been up there for several months. It is rather sad, really. (yes, I like that word today.)

As soon as the girls got home from School we made the 4 hour trip to Twin. The kids were AMAZING! I was kind of dreadign making the trip by myself with 5 kids. You know what though? We didn't even make ONE stop. I think that saved me! :) We left early enough that the traffic wasn't bad. We didnt see a single accident either! WOHOOO!

Thursday night we went swimming! My FIL and I took the kids to the indoor pool. The girls LOVED the water. Bryan did too, but he definately takes after his daddy. He just shivers in pools. He loves water at home, showers and baths. As soona s he got in the pool he he shivered and chattered. Poor thing. SO we woudl get in for a few minutes, then out for a few minutes, then in, out. I was seriously wooried if I kept him in for any length of time he would get hypothermia. Scott is very much the same.

There was a slide that the each enjoyed goign down. None of my kids know how to swim (I know I know!). So for Katie going down the slide and not needing tobe caught att he bottom was a big deal. Okay it wasn't very deep and she could stand up, yet she is overly dramatic over these types of things. She was so proud of herself. I was too. Lindsey was able to hold her breath under water for 10 seconds. She earned two mini candy bars.

A gal I know from a message board (LDSAVOW.com) Scott and I belong to, lives there. I met up with her and another gal from the board (I didn't know her before) at a park Friday. It was really nice to get to know her personally. I have only known her on the board. I talked and talked and she mostly listened. I need to get better at that.

My SIL was there and it was her 40th birthday. We celebrated Journey's birthday early on Friday with my SILs. I took Laurie out for Tai food. Yummy! The menu is very similar to a chinese resturant. She said Tai tends to be more spicy. It was REALLY nice to get to know her better. Scott and I have been married for 13.5yrs yet Laurie had been a bit of a mystery. She is very quiet and we have never lived close. She is currently looking a job. It was interesting talking to her about that process. She has a doctorate in biochemistry (something like that). She is looking in a variety of areas, there is one in SLC even. I hope she gets the one that will be best for her, secretly I am hoping for a local one. I would like her to be close to the brothers and our families.

Saturday morning, Bryan woke up fine then he came in and said he threw up. He then walked over and grabed my towel that was hanging up over the crib and threw up in it! ACK! My boy is sick! ShooT! I toyed with the idea of staying over til Sunday. I decided to go ahead and keep the orginal plan. We left at almost 3. He kept throwing up and was asleep when we left. That didnt' keep for long though. He was throwing up pretty consistently the whole 4hr trip home. Poor, poor baby! Last night he was up all night trying to get something to drink. We kept telling him he needed to sleep. He would take a drink and a few minutes later he was puking. This went on all night. uGH! He has finally stopped throwing up and is now sleeping it off. He is keeping drink and crackers down.

I wonder if he has somehting physically wrong or if he jsut has a weak immune system. He is my child who gets sick (tummy stuff) so easily. He is so thin and looses about 5lbs when he is sick like this. Poor little guy. He does gain it back easily, though.

So there is my weekend. Started out great, ended, not so great. Okay, on the up side, he is doing better. Hope yours was good!

Comments

Marilee said…
You're brave to take 5 kids in trip without dad!! Glad you had fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil