1340

That is the number of pages I have read in the past 6 days. I guess I am an obsessive compulsive person. Oh wait, pretty much in only ONE area. Fiction. I have been this way in the past and have stopped reading much. I pick up a book and get swept away. Nothing gets done. If it is a series, I'm in big trouble! I guess that is only if I'm behind on the series and don't have to wait for the next book to come out.

When I was pregnant with one of my girls (not sure which one) I read similar to this. I havent' found a book that has kept me reaching in a while though. I guess that is good. My house is feeling it. Scott is too. Our normal evening activities have changed this past week.

When he first saw me reading last Saturday, he was excited. He reads a lot! I don't. He was sincerely happy to find me enthrawled in a book, any book. I read probably 300+ pages that day. I have always been a slow reader. He was shocked! He forgets I let things slide when I get that way. He was fine with it the first few days. I think he is getting a bit irritated about now.

Funny how I can get all caught up in fiction and forget about life. It is so wonderful, I don't do this much. I can't curl up in bed and read for 30 minutes or so. I keep going back and back......repeat.

This particular series I had absoluetly NO interest in at all. I saw people get wacko over it. I didn't understand the pull it had. EEK! It sounds like a drug! Okay it isn't that bad! So I like to tell myself...I don't do drugs. :) I know people who have seen the movie 3 times and want to go again. HUH? Oh I was sick for them.

I have to admitt I have turned in to a Stephenie Meyers Twilight Zombie! I have told myself I have to get something done so I can sit and read. Then, I realize 2 housr have passed. EEK! Time to do something else. I have to appear like a "normal" person.

I have read the first two books (twilight and New Moon) and Midnight Son (the unfinished book on SM's site) and am ready to go see the movie. Do I drag Scott? Nuh uh, probably not a good idea, doubt he would like it. Anyone want to go again?

Comments

Dawn said…
I have 100 pages left of book #4 and I LOVE them! I will have to look for the book on her website. I didn't know about it. Is there another one? I heard there is one that is suppose to be Twlight from Edward's perspective.
Anonymous said…
OOOHHHHH . . . Yay! You've entered the world of Bella, Edward and company . . . lovely place Forks is . . . happy reading! ;)
Heather said…
you jumped on the bandwagon a bit late, and missed the ladies night out! bummer. Sorry, you know I'm not interested in seeing it again. Give me a book report .
Marilee said…
Sucker!! Just kidding. I'l go see the movie again--call me!
Katie said…
Hey Shelly, I am with you I never thought I could love a book about Vampires but I got hooked too. I have not seen the movie but my husband wants to see it too. We read the first one together. If you have not already gone call me if we don't go soon. I am totally willing to go without him. I know that might sound mean but I have been waiting since it came out!
The Crook Book said…
Shelley,

I hope you are feeling better. I just wanted to tell you "thanks" for the opportunity to substitute the primary class. What cute kids. I am really impressed with how much Lindsey knows. What a great kid. You have taught her well. Get well soon! Love ya, Stef

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil