Been thinking....

I know, I know...scarey eh?

I have been thinking about all the things that make my life good. Today I told Scott, life is good. He wondered what our future held. I told him sincerely that wahtever it held it would still be good. Many people think we are doom and gloom about the economy and future. Really we aren't, things have to get bad before they get bettter. It is what is far (or not so far)ahead that makes the difficulties so worth while to go through.

First of all, Scott makes my life good. Good is not the right adjective at all. He is perfect for me. Absolutely and totally perfect. I know we were led to eachother. Things happened in our lives that led us to Austin to meet. He was 27 and single and was working full time for IBM, but only on a temporary basis. I had just returned from Idaho with an associates degree and with plans to serve a full time mission. Niether of us were looking for a relationship (so unlike me!). We happened to meet his first Sunday in town. Granted my family was all in Austin at the time, his was not. For those of you that know Scott, know he has beautiful puppy dog eyes. I'm a sucker for eyes! I'm not shy either...so I walked up to him and introduced myself. Of course I had help... a friend had been talking to him previously and I heard part of his conversation. We were pretty much inseparable since then. We had our first "date" that night, thanks to the same friend. EEK! Two months later we were engaged! Nine months after meeting we were married in the Dallas Texas Temple for time and all eternity. That was 13.5yrs ago. The best descion I EVER made was that day to talk to the cute guy with Puppy dog eyes. God did the rest.

Next, my children. Each one brings something different to the mix. I have GREAT kids. Again my vocabulary fails me. People tell me all the time that I have good kids. They are amazed at how much they know, how sweet and kind they are. Sometimes I think, "my child?". In reality I could not ask for any better children. Lindsey, the oldest, is very independent and responsible. She has a heart of gold. Dejah, is my shy one. She LOVES everyone and is huggy...yes, I know I said she as shy. Katie, is the one that is the most like me (when I was a child), ouutgoing, unafraid and picky. Journey is always happy, always smiling, and hoping to help. Bryan, poor poor boy. He is the youngest and only boy. He is so different than the girls (oh really?). He is in constant motion and is lover. He is always saying "I love you momma!" and giving hugs. Yes, I have good kids. I think my Father in Heaven KNEW what I needed. I just hope it contiues...I am hitting the tween age with my oldest. EEK!

The gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful to know I have a loving Father in Heaven who loves me. Who sent His son as a sacrifice on my behalf. I know, He preformed the attonement for each of us. He is God's Son. He lives as we will live again through the resurection. I am thankful for a living prophet on the Earth. President Thomas S. Monson is Heavenly Father's spokesman on Earth. He is led by God.

I have so much in my life that makes my life good. The above are the three major ones. I have many dear friends who make life good. The fact I don't have any needs that are not being met is a big one too. I have more in my life than so many people. I thank Heavenly Father daily for thse blessings.

With all the blessings that I have, I feel, I should be doing more to make life good for others. I will.

Comments

Marilee said…
I agree, Life is Good. You should get one those shirts that say it. Have you seen them? They are quite cute/
Robin said…
I love this post. Oh hey Shelley by the way, I have a blog! Woohoo!
Anyway, I really liked reading all of this and the story of you and Scott was especially cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil