All Creatures Great and Small

 


Today we burried Teeka. Have been feeling rather guilty for taking her life when she was realatively healthy and happy. I had been feeling like I should have tried to find a home for her. Just feelign I should have done more. Today that all melted away. I think she was here today as we celebrated her life. She had a great life with us. She played her heart out while she was younger and was able to be a lazy cat in her older age. She was always full of love. THAT is what I felt today.

We sang "All Things Bright and Beautiful" at her "funeral". Scott picked it and it was perfect.
All Things Bright and Beautiful

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful, The Lord God made them all.

1. Each little flow'r that opens, Each little bird that sings, He
Made their glowing colors He made their tiny wings:


She was definately beautiful and great in our eyes. To think about how we are blessed by a Loving Father in Heaven with his creations is an amazing thing. HE absolutely loves his children and his creations. We are so blessed to know the plan of Salvation and to know we are literally His spirit children. My patriarchal blessing mentions how I should take notice of the beautiful things of Earth. Teeka was one of those "things". To know that His creations are for US, is very comforting. They can make us happy. Living in the location where we do was done on the beauty aspect. We have been given so much if we just take a moment to look around. Teeka brought joy to my family, to me. Personally I think she is the most beautiful cat. Her personality was beautiful too. She was mostly full of love with a hint of fiestiness.

Scott said a prayer, it was perfect! He blessed the grave for protection from being dug up by our sweet dog. Thanked HEavenly Father for sending her to us and all the years of fun and joy she provided. WE all were able to share memories of our friend.

After our little funeral/ celebration of her life. I felt as if Teeka had forgiven me and I could release the guilt. I felt uplifted and peace. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent His Son to Earth so that we could return to him. I know God lives as does Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the attonement and the resurection. I know I can live again. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Comments

Hey I found your blog off facebook. Sorry about your cat, that is really sad. Hope that your kids are adjusting well. Your hair looks really cute in your post below. Hope all is well!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil