Holiness to the Lord

Before you read this post, please turn your speakers off. The music here does not go with the spirit of this post at all!


When we lived in Washington we were able to go to the Columbia River Temple open house. At the time we lived only 5 minutes from it. We would go regularly and watch the progress. We took our kids through. I was pregnant with Katie at the time so Lindsey and Dejah were too young to remember. That was November 2001, less than a month before Katie was born. They don't remember it.

Last night, I guess late afternoon, we drove up to Draper and went to the chapel we were assigned to meet at. Apparently there were three meeting houses that people would meet at and watch a short 12 minute movie. Scott's brother and his family met us there. His other brother's family was not able to come. Heather and her family came instead. I was thankful I could pass the tickets on to someone else. They needed seven and that is what I had extra. Worked out wonderfully.

It was VERY busy! Because the busi-ness of it they had a "silent" tour. The WA one was not silent. I really liked having the spoken tours. It was hard to keep my kids together to talk to them. I think my favorite part was when Katie had to use the bathroom. We had to go angainst the flow to find a bathroom. Why was this my favorite part? I was alone with ONE child and could talk to her about things.

I don't know if it is the same with all the "smaller" temples or not, but here (Draper and Columbia River) you move rooms (endowment). So I tried to explain the her what the rooms were for. I have to laugh when I told her we would be going into the Celestial room next (not sure what I was thinking at the moment). It was not the celestial room. I had explained to her that it would be brighter and more beautiful. So when we went out she was so confused...it was NOT the Celestial room. She said "uh mom, this room is just like that one (pointing)". So it is. You could hear her gasp when she did walk into the Celestial room though. I knew it would happen.

The complete beauty, peace and separation from the world is absolutely incredible in the walls of the temple. Last night was only a portion of it. How do you explain that to a child. They felt it, yet haven't felt it completely. One day they will, leave the world behind and really enter the Temple.

I am so thankful for Temples. For the Priesthood, the blessings found in those walls. The opportnity that I have had and have to attend and renew my covenants with my Father. To feel the love He has for his children. It is breath taking to think about HOW much he loves and knows us. He WANTS us to be with him. He has made that possible.

I used to go to the Temple 2X a month and have not been since before Christmas, I have been missing that in my life. I want to renew that effort and make a point to go regularly again. I need it and so do the people I could be helping. I need the peace. My family needs that peace in me, it radiates!

Comments

Marilee said…
you know, that's just what I need in my life---the Temple more frequently. I've been feeling like our house has been upside down lately---Hmmm, I should go to the Temple more often. Thanks for the post, I needed it:)

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil