Endo can mimic Crohn's????

Apparently YES it can. I was studying some things before going to the doctor. It looks like some of the symptoms I am having and blaming on crohn's could possibly be my endo. My youngest is almost 3yrs old, which means for three years endo could've been growing, minus the time I was on a birth control. My Body didn't like those I tried. So for the majority of that time I have been a prime target.

It could explain why the crohn's seems cyclical. Pain starts a few days (4 or so) before my period. THen starts to go away after the period. I am on day 11 of the pain now and I feel better than yesterday (VERY bad day). So if it goes away in a few days, maybe it is Endo). It doesn't feel like what I experienced before, though.

My Gastro gave me a script of prednisone (hate that stuff). He was going to start me out on a half dose and let me wean off in a week if it was working. After asking more questions, he said he thinks it is the endo. He told me not to take the pred. unless it continues (the pain). SO now i wait. If it doesn't go away in a few days I start the prednisone.

So if it is my endo, I will probabaly have surgery to have it lasered off. WOHOO! Then it should be gone for a long time. If it is the crohn's well, it won't be that easy.

So I wait! I hate waiting, I'm not a patient person. hehehe

Comments

Marilee said…
marzey1How's the waiting game? I hope Dr.'s help you figure it out.

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil