Master Cleanse Day ONE

I began The Master Cleanse by Stanely Bouroughs yesturday. The idea of this cleanse is to "fast" for 10 days with only a few things to drink such as lemonade made with 2T lemon juic (fresh), 2T Grade B maple syrup and 1/10 t cayenne pepper in 8 oz of spring or distilled water. Each night you drink a cup of laxative tea and each morning you drink a quart of water with 2t of sea salt in it. The idea of this cleanse is to clear your body of the toxins built up over time.

The lemonade provides the nutrients you need. The Maple syrup provides 50 calories per tablespoon. The cayenne helps clean the blood and the "plaque" build in the intestines. By not eating solid foods it allows the digestive system, kidneys and liver to be cleansed. The systems may focus on cleaneing instead of the "normal" jobs of digesting and cleansing form the "toxic" foods we eat.

Below is my day one 7/16/07

The night before I drank a laxative tea "smooth move". I slept fitfully. I don't know if was the anxiety of the whole thing or not. The roosters that are behind me woke me up often...they crow whenerer they feel (misconception of dawn only). I passed several smooth bowel movements nothing like I was expecting. I drank the SWF (salt water flush) and expected a serious visit to the bathroom but nothing violent happened. I later read that that is fairly common if you have eaten lots of animal products. Let's face it I do. I love my meat and animal fats and dairy. I guess they don't digest so easily.

The SWF made me feel very nauseated. BLECH and it was difficult to get down. I actually didn't get the full quart down. I just couldn't! I heard that CELTIC GREY sea salt is easier to down...but I only have hawaiian sea salt. I have read of one guy who looks at a spot in his kitchen and thinks "Miso soup" and drinks it.

The lemonade is rather tasty! I tried it last Friday just to test it out. I put the lemon and MS (maple syrup) in a big glass of water isntead of 8oz so it wasn't very good. I aslo took the cayenne in capsule form last week and learned the capsule idea isn't the best. So I didn't get to taste it with cayenne last week. I thought the cayenne would make it NASTY! I was really wrong, lol! Also I ahd purchased the hottest kind of cayenne 100,000 heat units. I think it starts at 30,000/hu. So my lemonade is rather hot! If I walk awayf rom it and come back to it in a bit....it has only gotten hotter! So it is wise to drink it at once....not go off and leave it while you tend to kids. :)

I didn't get hungry til about 5pm. That was when s tarted to make dinner or think about what to make for dinner. I am impressed, I ATE NOTHING yesturday. I only drank! I didn't even lick my fingers with actual food on them. Scott brought home COTTON CANDY for family home evening treat. I helped divide it among the kids and didn't even lick my fingers. I love cotton candy. I love sugar!

I noticed my muscles in my forearm (right) and quads (both) were really sore! I told Scott it felt like I had walked the 10 miles I did last month. Like lactic acid had built up. I was so ready for bed!!!!!!!!!

Looking back I didn't have a BM (bowel movement) after about noon. Strange!!!!

Comments

JoAnn said…
Can you drink plain water thruout the day? Or just lemonade water?

I guess I could research it, but if you could let me know! LOL!

JoAnn
Oh yes....you drink water. I think one glass per glass of lemonade. LOTS of water!
Shel

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil