coveting is a bad thing.....

I just went to my friend's house to see her newly redone bedroom. She has a friend who sees things many of us don't (no NOT dead people). She has a knack to pull things together and make it look wonderful. My friend pulled together some money and her friend helped her create a SANCTUARY!

She was so cute, she called me as soon as her friend left. I went over and she said she had to see my face. I covered my eyes and went in. It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! SHe chose bedding that she normally would NOT have chosen, she said it was "BOLD". I LOVED it. Well, the room is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!

I am dreaming of a way to create such a place in MY home! I have been working on my living room (the first room you see in my house). I had gotten $20 furniture at a garage sale and decided to recover it with slip covers. The slipcovers are amazing. They are STRETCH kind so they form fit to the couch. I love it. I hung a few pictures and bought a rug. I need a few more things, pillows, a swag (or curtains) and paint! Then I will be done. I ran out of money so I have to wait a bit longer.

I'm still coveting a beautiful bedroom as a sancuary though. I would rather spend time in there than the living room (unless I have company). I would have to take 3 book cases and a TV out of my room to make it what I want. Oh and maybe get smaller furniture. I guess, that won't happen. :) I will create other rooms that I love I guess. Hehehehe......

Comments

Jay said…
I hate to give away my great locations....but you seem like an OK Mom...so here it goes. The RENEW store across the street from Provo power in Orem. Doors, lighting, drapes, tile, etc. Stupidly low prices. I go there twice a week or whenever I'm in Orem.
Jsut OK? ROFL! Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check it out, when I'm roaming around. I like stupidly low prices. :)
Marilee said…
Fun for you! I always love to do projects with lasting results---and that make me feel better about my environment. Yeah, I've heard of that RE-STORE (we should check it out together one day soon).

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil