"I left my brain in St. George"

That sounds like a song title, Scott told me. I keep tryign to talk and something else comes out. I told my daughter to go put something on the couch instead of the table. That isn't the only thing. I keep transposing words. SILLY me!

I went down to St. George this weekend. I went with a bunch of CRAZY ladies. I so needed the break. Oh boy I got it! It was absolutely fabulous to be away from the rigamarole of stuff. No Laundry, no dishes, no fighting kids oh, you get the idea. The biggest descison that had to be made was "what are we going to eat for dinner". It was wonderful Oh and I didn't have to cook.

I got to know some friends better and made a few new ones. I have a new admiration for one. She is definately one I would like to be like. She has a quiet strength that I REALLY admire.

We went down to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn. I had NEVER seen it. I really liked the message it had. We can all change. It takes work and a real desire. We ate and ate and did a bit of shopping. I spent under $10 shopping...yippee!

I am SO thankful i had the chance to go. My mom and Scott took turns with the kids. Luckily my mom was off work when Scott needed to be there. School was out on Friday for my kids so I didn't know if it was going to work out. I so needed the break. When I came home Bryan came out first to meet me. My heart melted! It was so sweet! Then the rest of my family piled out of the house. I'm sure Scott, hollered at them "mom's home!" I was ready to be home. The break was good.\


I think every mother needs moments like this. A break from reality to be able to come back to be better. Even though my brain still isn't completely working (what day is it?) I am happy.

****I JUST figured out the problem I was having with my camera! It wasn't on the right setting. One of the kids must have turned a dial! UGH! No wonder the pics I took were poor. I guess I need to read my manual to see what M means. I prefer Auto, LOL! http://picasaweb.google.com/brghtii/StGeorge#

Comments

Marilee said…
I am so glad you got to go with the gals--you needed the vacation. I'm sad I missed it. Glad you had a good time!!!
Marla said…
It sounds like you guys had fun. I really wanted to go but Jury duty, Temple Sealing, and Garry's Birthday was a pretty good excuse. I really want to come to some of your classes. Right now I do not have a vehicle so I will have to come when I have some wheels. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me!

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil