The genes got confused

 



When I look at the difference in the eyes of my girls and my boy, I'm glad he is a boy. Sure he has long eyelashes like the girls. The color is different. His are more of a muddled color, almost a hazel (in real life). Here they look almost brown. I can imagine the complaints if he was a girl "how come I got muddy eyes? I'm the only one with 'different' eyes." I guess I would understand. I was the only blue eyed blonde in my immediate family. My brother and mother have brown eyes, brown hair. My dad has hazel eyes with light brown hair. I thought I was adopted. I look A LOT like my mom now. LOL! I can't forget my hair has gotten DARKER with age, so we all fit now.

It is strange how genes work. What I thought would be recessive on both mine and Scott's side, became dominant for my little guy. I dreamed of having dark hair dark eyed kids, once. None of my kids were ever as light as I was though. So in a way I got it, right?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil