What I did today...

 


Yes, that is my messy kitchen. I can't believe i'm showing it on the internet. My in-laws brought me two boxes of apples from one of their trees. These are special apples...they are Idaho apples. They came to me from far way (okay about 4hours). My SIL, Lisa came early this afternoon to "learn" how to make apple sauce. When she left, my mom came to help. Without the two of them I would STILL be peeling apples. As is, I did not finish all of them.

I cna't believe how long it takes to make apple sauce and apple pie filling! Good grief! It felt like forever. Then for dinner (you have to do this on occassion), we had Apple Puff Pancake with cinnimon ICE CREAM! Oh ya, we were healthy! APple Apple apple apple!

I ended up with only 14 1/4 quarts of pie filling and 12 1/2 quarts of apple sauce. I forgot how many apples it takes to make quart of sauce! LOTS!

I think I will finish cleaning tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Marilee said…
Way to go!!!! That's awesome. So when things calm down a little will you make me an apple pie? Hee! Hee! It's my favorite!!!
Heather said…
hmmmm. Painting shutters or doing apples, I'm not sure which I would rather do.

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil