Dejah is 9 tomorrow!

Hard to believe! Another birthday! Hehehe....another next week too. Then we get a break for a while.

I don't have pictures of Dejah as a little baby on my computer and my scanner doesn't work. SIGH! So no baby pictures of her.

I was looking for pictures and it appears her camera shyness isn't a new thing. It it is kinda funny since she took only 4 hours to be born. Since Lindsey was a BIG baby (9lb 5oz) we decided to induce Dejah early (38wks). The fact I could hardly walk due to sciatica too, helped the doctor in his okaying of it. I went in in the morning with Dejah (like Lindsey). It took forever to get me hooked up to the pitocin. Her labor was SO different from Lindsey's. Since I decided to get an epidural with Dejah, Scott, I guess didn't think his role as support was really needed. I sat in a rocking chair for a while and rocked and during a contraction my fluid jsut gushed. It was rather comical. Then the epidural came. THAT was a STRANGE feeling! We watched movies while I labored. Pretty strange for me too...Dejah was so easy to push out. Lindsey was stuck (duh with her size). Dejah came out in only a few pushes (maybe 6). She wasn't my easiest...but nothing like 2horus of pushing.

She joined the world around 4pm. They checked her and she had some fluid in her lungs so they had to put a tube down her throat, into her lungs. I think that was when they were trying to raise her blood sugar with a bit of formula. Rolling my eyes on that one! hello...give her to mommy! Since she had some blood sugar issues they took her for a while and while they had her they gave her a bottle. I didn't even get to nurse her.

She was my hardest to nurse. I wonder if it was due to the bottle experience to begin with. I tried to nurse her but she tore me up so bad. I turned to AVENT bottles and I pumped. I tell you, those bottles were a life saver! I got her to nurse again when I healed enough. I believe it was because those type of bottles and prayers!

Dejah was my first 7lb 11oz baby. Lots of dark hair! I found a picture of her in Lindsey's stocking. She as less than a month old. I is very poor resalution.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Dejah! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil