Where did time go?

Three years ago I was in labor today. I have not experienced it since then. It is a bit bitter sweet. When I think of my "last baby" and realize he is getting so big I notice tears welling up. My period is on it's way and I am feeling a bit crampy...ironic isn't it.

I have been so busy this week I forgot I wanted to post pictures of Bry like I did for Journey. Oh well.

Lindsey was my longest pregnancy (41wks). My other girls were all planned inductions, 38wks, 37 and 36 wks. Bryan was different. I was in a different state and with a different practice. So the last little bit was WAY different. I remember going to the doctor that last day (39wk appointment I think). I don't remember what his due date was....funny how I remember how OVER due I was with Lindsey. I know KAtie's EDD, because it was Christmas.

I had been feeling HORRIBLE that day. I had been having contractions on and off for the last two months or so. I guess I should have known the difference. I hadn't ever gone into labor myself like this. I was in early labor with Journey but had no idea. They still put me on pit for her I think. I was almost a 4 when I went in that day. He saw I was miserable and said "I can go ahead and start you if you want". Boy did I. He said "you'll be in the hospital by tonight anyway, might as well get you there faster". He called the hospital and they were FULL! UGH!!!!!! I was too much of a wimp to wait it out. He said he would check again later. They had room late that night. I guess (how am Is upposed to know, really) I would have gone in about 5 am on my own had I waited.

I made it to the hospital about 9 I think. My how the details have faded! They broke my water and away I went!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil