Fourteen years two days ago...

Scott picked me up late morning to go to lunch. We made a pit stop off the road to go down by Town Lake. I knew the area well, I used to run through there a few days a week. I wondered, kinda, what was going on. Why was he going down by Austin High school? He came around and helped me out of the Jeep (which he still does today in any car) and walked me to a clearing by the lake and jogging path. It was a secluded area. He held my hand and got down on his knee and asked me to marry him and be his queen. I remember dropping to my knees too, crying. He told me I had to stand. I was down with him anyway. Of course I said yes. We had met two months and one day prior and I KNEW he as the man I was to spend eternity with.

As promised, he took me to lunch. We went to Red Lobster. Yum! He had not picked out my ring and wanted me to help him so off we went to the mall to ring shop. I went home and had a ring on my finger. OOPS we had done things backwards. Scott asked permission AFTER I had a ring on my finger. That didn't go over well with my step mom and my dad.

Of course I was over the moon! Looking back today on that afternoon. I am amazed that we knew after 2 months. I'm so glad we found eachother. He did have to wait a while for me. THank you Scott, for waiting for me to grow up. He was on his mission when I was in middle school. Thank you Heavenly Father for putting us in the right place to meet.

Life has been good to us.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations you 2! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Facial cellulitis

Goodbye Nala (graphic warning)

Brazil